Thursday, March 16, 2017

Rado Lapis Lazuli Diastar

After waiting for several weeks, my favorite Lapis blue dial has finally arrived from Germany. This mineral dials watches from the 1970s were quite rare and hard to find. It has taken me sevral weeks to find one form a German collector who happened to have one spare. This is an uncommon Diastar 8/1 model with tungsten-carbide case and a dial made of Lapis Lazuli. It is similar to most Diastars of the 1970s, with a faceted sapphire crystal, day/date display at 6 o'clock and an NSA bracelet. However, the lapis dial sets this model apart from most. With a printed anchor logo (as opposed to the in-set rotating anchor found on most Rado automatics) and the white printing and marker elements setting off the stone dial material.



No comments:

Problem with signing in

I am facing issues with saving my blog with photos and I cannot seemed to log on using  my ipad. Perhaps, the days have pme to end the blog....