Monday, June 05, 2017

Vintage Cyma WWW military watch

I have traded my JLC for this military watch. The hands have been changed in the past and luckily my friend Kow has a spare set of hands. I am now waiting for the space set of hands to arrive.

In the early 1940s, the British Ministry of Defense (MoD) published a set of specifications for a wristwatch to be issued to their soldiers. The specifications are commonly referred to as WWW, or Watch Wristlet Waterproof. Twelve companies submitted watches that met the criteria: Buren, Cyma, Eterna, Grana, Jaeger LeCoultre, Lemania, Longines, IWC, Omega, Record, Timor and Vertex.

This is my 5th WWW watch.Of the twelve brands, the Cyma WWW is one of most popular for several reasons. Firstly, it is housed in a solid stainless steel case, measuring a respectable 38mm wide not including the large crown by 45mm. Many of the other manufacturers used chrome plated cases which have survived to varying degrees, making the steel case of the Cyma easier to find in nice condition. The 38mm case is also the largest of the dozen, making it a bit easier to wear today, especially for those with a larger wrist. There is also a soft iron dust cover for anti-magnetic protection. It uses caliber 234, 15 jewels manual wind movement.

From some watch forum, I understand that there is fake Cyma WWW so please be careful and check ...



No comments:

Problem with signing in

I am facing issues with saving my blog with photos and I cannot seemed to log on using  my ipad. Perhaps, the days have pme to end the blog....