Sunday, January 01, 2012

Vintage Longines Comet

The longines comet was a short lived models from the 1970s. My guess is that owing to the popularity of the Japanese quartz and digital watches, mechanical watches have lost out in term of favours and trend.

The Longines comet for me is important as it shows an avant garde design from the 70s with the concept of mystery dial that is still relevant even when 30 years later. The design and bold use of colours are really head of its time!

From my earlier blog, I have mentioned that I have found the blue and yellow Longines Comet. Finally, I have managed to find the rare red comet from Canada. With the blue, yellow and red, I am waiting for the dark blue...

Happy New year everyone!






- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Problem with signing in

I am facing issues with saving my blog with photos and I cannot seemed to log on using  my ipad. Perhaps, the days have pme to end the blog....