Saturday, January 07, 2017

Rolex 1601 Blue dial

First watch for 2017

This is a 1971-2 Rolex 1601 in rare blue dial. The more common 1601 pie pan dials are white, gold and silver. Not sure why but the blue dial in Rolex during these period tended to have issues and tended to peel off. 

I just Love the blue with gold markers contrast. The 36mm size watch is comfortable to wear and Rolex Oyster Perpetual Datejust might just be the perfect watch for everyday use. Coupling perfect proportions, simple dial layouts, and robust movements making this a work horse, The datejust is Rolex's most prolific model and is an icon of timekeeping that has been in continuous production for decades. 


All watches in the blog belongs to me unless otherwise stated.

No comments:

Problem with signing in

I am facing issues with saving my blog with photos and I cannot seemed to log on using  my ipad. Perhaps, the days have pme to end the blog....