Rolex 1803 from 1977
My 1977 1803 non quick set was the last of the series before the launched of the 18038. Many vintage collector loves the Ref 1803 is that this model allows the use of leather strap versus the later model 18038 etc...
In Popular Culture (from Wikipedia)
- Arms-dealer Yuri Orlov from Lord of War wears a platinum Day-Date model.
- Alec Baldwin wears a Day-Date in Glengarry Glen Ross.
- Henry Hill, played by Ray Liotta in the classic crime flick Goodfellas owns a Rolex Day-Date.
- In Rain Man, the egotistic character played by Tom Cruise pawns a Day-Date.
- Sean Penn as lawyer David Kleinfeld wears a golden Day-Date in Carlito's Way.
- Tony Soprano wears a yellow gold Rolex Day-Date throughout the series, which is his trademark item.
- Rocky Balboa in Rocky II,
- Steven Seagal's character in Marked for Death
- Sonny Crockett of the vintage 80s series Miami Vice who wore a golden Day-Date
- John Candy as Buck Russell in the 1989 comedy Uncle Buck