Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Happy Patek reunion 09/90, 3433, 2552, 2526, 3445

Happy Patek reunion 09/90, 3433, 2552, 2526, 3445


This evening, I have decided to take a family photo of the PPs. Despite having the similar movements for the 2552 and the 2526, the 2526 seems to be fatter. My friend has asked me why I love all these old vintage items and the reason is very simple.

My grand parents were poor migrants from Hainan island and my dad has completed his University education via government scholarship. As such during the 1950s-60s where housing was key, the priority will never be in these luxury items, which are not basic necessities. They have made a living from hardwork and I am grateful!

With the improve livelihood, my generations are able to afford some of these luxury, which is a real blessings! I am so glad that these watches have been well taken care by their previous owners. Hopefully, these watches can be part of my family heirloom that can be passed down from one generation after the other. I really like Patek's slogan as you never actually own a Patek Philippe. You merely look after it for the next generation. How true!

The joy of finding these beauties are beyond words. The reading and research, the hunt and the bargain... What a wonderful world!

  • Patek Rectangular using 09/90 movement
  • PP 2526 using 12-600AT First generation automatc movement (Enemal dial)
  • PP2552 using 12-600 AT First generation automatic movement (flying saucer)
  • PP3433 using 27-460 Second generation automatic movement
  • PP 3445 using 27-460 Second generation automatic movement (with date)
  • PP3940 using Cal 240Q (Auromatic Perpetual calendar)






























One day, the Patek moonphase 3940 & 3448 shall join the Patek family...soon!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad


No comments:

Problem with signing in

I am facing issues with saving my blog with photos and I cannot seemed to log on using  my ipad. Perhaps, the days have pme to end the blog....