Sunday, July 27, 2008

Rolex Quarter Century Club

Rolex Quarter Century Club

This Rolex Quarter Century club was a hard earned watch as one has to work for Eaton department store for a period of 25 years in order to be officially presented with this watch as a token of apprectaion for long service.

The 1/4 century club starts from the 1900s to till the 1970s as it started with the Pocket watches, to Rolex Prince, hand wind till the final automatic movement.

I was told that the watch is in 14k to signify 1/4 and most of the watches I have seen are in 14k. Have not seen an 18k model yet..

How many can work for 25 years in one company in modern days?





2 comments:

OysterWatcher said...

erroneous information. These did come in 18k and 14k, in pocket watch, in bombe and non-bombe round wristwatch cases and in rectangular Prince issue. The only caution I would make is that in the very early 1900s, 1/4 watches were non-Rolex movement, and in the mid- to late- 60s, Eaton's stopped using Rolex movements as well because they were too pricey.

But for sure, 1/4 Century has to do with the 25 years service and nothing to do with the gold content.

Francis Phua said...

Perhaps, but I have yet to come across 18k Quarter Century club watch..

Problem with signing in

I am facing issues with saving my blog with photos and I cannot seemed to log on using  my ipad. Perhaps, the days have pme to end the blog....