Tuesday, December 05, 2017

Rolex 1601 white gold bezel wide boy

The Rolex Datejust is one of the most iconic and most beloved Rolex watches ever made, even though the Datejust was launched in 1945 it has remained a timeless classic and is instantly recognizable as an item of refined quality and functional design.This Datejust can be worn just as easily with a business suit as it can be with jeans and a T-shirt. I have always love the Rolex 1600, 1601, 1603 series watches owing to the comfortable 36mm size and the varieties of dials, varieties of bezels, and the wide boy series.

Despite my 3rd attempts to grow the 6694 line of collections, somehow it didn't quite gain traction. After much consideration, I have decided to refocus my attention and refined my collection of watches by building a stronger Datejust collection by adding one more Rolex 1601 white gold fluted bezel with silver pie pan "Wide boy dial". This specific 1971 Datejust Ref. 1601 is a unique variant and is in marvelous condition. This example is commonly referred to as the "Wide Boy" as the marker and hand configuration are much wider in look and design than the typical stick markers and baton hands more commonly found on Datejust references of the same era. Zen design with simplicity, uncluttered dials plus a small date beside the 3. Inside the reference 1601 is the work horse caliber 1575 caliber, a beauty in function.



No comments:

Problem with signing in

I am facing issues with saving my blog with photos and I cannot seemed to log on using  my ipad. Perhaps, the days have pme to end the blog....