Friday, September 19, 2014

IWC Ref 527 Cal 89

" International Watch Co. "

During the early 1990s, I have bought an IWC while on vacation with fellow colleagues in UK. I have sold it for a small profit after a while and I have focused my collection mainly on Rolex. Given the increasing in prices for Rolex, I have started to collect Grand Seiko, Omega and recently to IWC as a result of the MarkX and Mark XI.

I have used several of my other brands of vintage watches to trade for this stainless Steel Snap-Back Case, Ref. 527, silvered original Dial, embossed, Steel Markers and arabic Numerals, Steel luminous Hands, Sweep Second, decorated 17 Jewels Movement, Cal. 89, Shock-Protection, Switzerland, ca. 1965, Diameter ca. 35 mm. 1696028

The IWC Cal.89 is one of the cornerstones of IWC. The cal 89 was in the famous IWC Mark XI. Being in the ledger of IWC,cal 89 shows first up in 1946 and for the last time in 1970 when the last 6.000 have been produced.


http://bbs.tianya.cn/post-no11-4141224-1.shtml


No comments:

Problem with signing in

I am facing issues with saving my blog with photos and I cannot seemed to log on using  my ipad. Perhaps, the days have pme to end the blog....