Friday, May 16, 2014

Vintage Omega Moonphase

This is nice looking vintage Omega triple date moonphase wristwatch from the late 1940s reference 2486-2. The white dial with applied golden hour markers. The claw lugs and 37mm diameter case add to the great vintage look. 

Case is gold plated with 80 microns of gold. Most gold plated watches use only 20 microns, so the gold on this case is substantial.Great looking claw lugs and domed acrylic crystal add to the vintage look. 
Date is indicated by the blue hand with arrow tip against the blue scale at the periphery of the dial. Apertures beneath the applied golden Omega logo for day and month. Moonphase cut out above 6 o’clock with blued seconds hand. There is a a small crack in the paint above “SWISS".

Movement is the manual winding Omega Caliber 381, copper colored with 17 jewels and self-compensating balance spring.

I used to own this vintage Omega Moonphase. The watch is from 1947 with a serial nos of 11204963. After several years, I am glad that it can back to me...life is good!




No comments:

Problem with signing in

I am facing issues with saving my blog with photos and I cannot seemed to log on using  my ipad. Perhaps, the days have pme to end the blog....