Wednesday, October 04, 2017

Vintage Droz Super compressor 36mm

I love diver watches and I have been looking for a Droz Super compressor for a while. A super compressor is a design that was patented by case manufacturer Ervin Piquerez S.A. (EPSA). The name refers to this case’s feature where, because of the spring-loaded caseback, the case actually becomes sealed tighter as water pressure increases. According to the information from the net, since EPSA only made the cases, there were many different manufacturers that used these cases for their dive watches and the most notable brands that used the dual crown design include: Jaeger-LeCoultre, Longines, IWC, Droz, Girard-Perregaux, Hamilton, Bulova, Enicar, Universal Geneve, Wittnauer, Benrus, Hamilton, Lip, Blancpain, Bucherer, Tissot and Benrus etc.  I am not an expert in super compressor but has decided to keep one for a start.


Just found one in Hong Kong at a good price. This is a classic 36mm case with dual crowns and a unique internal rotating dive bezel. The purpose behind this internal bezel was to avoid accidental rotation, a problem that divers had occasionally with the external rotating bezel.

Happy Mid Autumn mooncake festival!








When I was in Thailand, I was looking at an ebay auction selling the Droz  in December 2016 but I have missed the auction. Someone must have won it and decided to let it out in the HKG market and some how it landed in my hands! Great joy!





For details on Super compressor watches, please see

http://www.woundforlife.com/2015/12/30/face-off-vintage-super-compressors/


1 comment:

Blogger said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Problem with signing in

I am facing issues with saving my blog with photos and I cannot seemed to log on using  my ipad. Perhaps, the days have pme to end the blog....