Saturday, February 24, 2018

Rolex bubbleback

The Rolex Bubbleback was launched in 1933 and featured the first auto-rotor.  Rolex was not the first to create the automatic movement, but this watch does signify the company’s success in developing a self-winding movement.  Rolex created the auto-rotor movement from the Aegler movement in Hunter watches that featured a “perpetual motion” winding mass.  Rolex patented its first successful perpetually self-winding wristwatch in 1932 and introduced the Bubbleback one year later.  Like most authentic vintage Rolex timepieces a Bubbleback is sure the spark the hearts of vintage watch collectors. For me, it will always have a special place in my heart.

No comments:

Problem with signing in

I am facing issues with saving my blog with photos and I cannot seemed to log on using  my ipad. Perhaps, the days have pme to end the blog....