Saturday, September 17, 2016

Rolex 1601 pink gold bezel & gold door step markers

Rolex 1601 pink gold bezel and gold door step markers


This Saturday morning, I went out for my usual once a week watch hunting. This is a good Saturday as I have managed to trade my Tutima military chronograph for a nice early 1965-6 Rolex DateJust in fluted Pink gold bezel and Pie pan dial with the early door step markers at 6 and 9 and plastic crystal. 

Even though the Rolex 1601 Oysterdate is a common model, a pink gold bezel one is not often seen. One online dealer estimated that there is only one steel and 18k rose gold DateJust model 1601 for every 5000 steel or steel and yellow gold models.

The overall condition is nice and the 1570 caliber is a work horse that can serve a few generation. I have decided to refine my watch collection as the 5100 chronograph did not seemed to fit in my existing collection 😁🌹




No comments:

Problem with signing in

I am facing issues with saving my blog with photos and I cannot seemed to log on using  my ipad. Perhaps, the days have pme to end the blog....