Sunday, August 05, 2012

Rolex 6542

This vintage Rolex 6542 GMT is the first generation GMT as it has no crown guard, it comes with a smaller arrow for the GMT and it comes with a pressure fit gilt dial (without the legs) from the 1950s. The Bakelite bezel has been replaced as it has been broken but considering the age of the watch, I am quite glad to be able to find the replacement parts and keeping the watch working nicely..





This is how a pressure fit dial look like .. It has no"feet"...



Honor Blackman  (Pussy Galore ) wearing a 6542..a lady wearing a men's watch from the 1960s..


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Problem with signing in

I am facing issues with saving my blog with photos and I cannot seemed to log on using  my ipad. Perhaps, the days have pme to end the blog....